Orthodontic dentistry is a critical specialty of dentistry that allows patients to enjoy beautiful smiles and functional mouths. The focus is often to restore the alignment of teeth so that the mouth functions as it should. The good thing is that orthodontic treatment caters to the aesthetic needs of patients, more so today with Invisalign® treatment in 02476.
As the years go by, people are becoming more conversant with Invisalign treatment, and how it can benefit their oral health. The best part is that it offers a solution for adults, who often feel left out by other orthodontic measures like traditional braces.
What Are Invisalign Braces?
They are teeth aligners used for realigning jawbones and repositioning teeth. These teeth aligners are different from their counterparts on many fronts. One major area is that it features a transparent plastic-like material. This explains why Invisalign braces are also called clear aligners.
Invisalign treatment in Burlington, MA has proven effective for patients, more so those with moderate cases of malpositioning. They work by applying controlled pressure in teeth, consistently over a certain period to move them. The shifting of teeth, therefore, is gradual instead of drastic. However, as your treatment continues, you will notice significant improvements in the appearance of your smile.
What Makes Invisalign Braces So Special?
Given that traditional braces have been used for several years in the past, one would wonder why Invisalign treatment in Arlington, MA is suddenly a big deal. It is not to say that traditional braces no longer have a place in dentistry. Instead, Invisalign treatment in 01803 has come as an alternative for patients who would rather consider something other than metal brackets and wires. Some of the benefits of Invisalign braces are:
- They are removable – invisible braces are not permanently attached to your teeth. You can remove them even without the help of a dentist. This gives you the freedom to eat whatever you want, without the fear of damaging the braces.
- They are comfortable – the plastic-like material used to make the clear aligners is comfortable to wear. The aligners glide smoothly against your inner cheeks and lips. They are also gentle with your gums.
Oral hygiene is made easier – the hassle of cleaning in between metal brackets and wires does not exist with braces. Since they are removable, you get to clean your teeth as usual. The only additional effort you need is for cleaning the clear aligners as well before you put them back on. The last thing you want is to stain your aligners, and harbor bacteria in them that could damage your teeth.
- Cosmetic advantage – with these clear aligners, you do not have to wait until you achieve the desired goal before you can enjoy the beauty of your smile. The results are pleasant to have, but the cosmetic advantage comes way before that. While you undergo your treatment, the transparent aligners allow you to flaunt your smile.
- Shorter dental sessions – in orthodontic treatment, you need to keep your ties with your orthodontist. The frequent visits are for monitoring, as well as adjustment of your teeth aligners. Invisalign aligners are adjusted differently from traditional braces. Since there are no metal wires to tighten or loosen, clear aligners are adjusted by getting a new tray of aligners. Technically, for every visit you make to your dentist, you get a new set of teeth aligners. The best part is that these sessions last for shorter periods than those for traditional braces since all you need is the new tray of clear aligners.
- They are conservative – the one thing that patients dread about metal brackets is that they are very conspicuous. They undermine the element of anonymity during your treatment. In that case, most adults seem to prefer invisible teeth aligners because they are conservative. You can easily complete your orthodontic treatment without anyone ever finding out about it.
Should You Get Invisalign Braces?
With all those benefits to explore, there are many compelling reasons why you should try out Invisalign. However, in the end, it all depends on your preference. Besides, you will need to account for the recommendations of your orthodontist. The fact is that the clear aligners are not for everyone. If you have a complex oral problem, for example, your orthodontist will recommend traditional braces over Invisalign.